An Inland Empire economy that provides family-sustaining jobs with upward opportunities, enables a high quality of life, and supports shared prosperity for all residents and businesses.
IEGO strives to do economic development differently by:
- Developing asset-based, participatory strategies for generating quality jobs for those with and without college degrees in opportunity sectors that can close historic equity gaps.
- Securing investments to advance the region’s existing and needed infrastructure to implement cluster-based development strategies.
- Strengthening the civic capacity and alignment for bi-county and cross-sectoral collaboration to develop shared goals and carry out shared solutions.
- Amplifying the key messages of IEGO’s mission and values, partners, and strategies through a range of communications tools.
- Advocating for policies that reduce barriers for economic and racial equity and inclusion and foster new investments and financial parity for the Inland Empire.
Economic capacity: IEGO fosters learning, investments, and collaboration that help the region identify new job and business creation strategies.
Economic opportunity: IEGO believes that access to opportunity is essential, but not sufficient, to close the persistent racial, gender, and economic equity gaps that exist in the Inland Empire. Wealth-building, housing and food security, and other place-based conditions present recurring barriers that must be addressed to close these gaps.
Data-driven decision making: IEGO uses quantitative and qualitative data to identify opportunities, barriers, and sound long-term development strategies that can affect the root cause of economic inequity.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: IEGO attracts, elevates, and invests in businesses, leaders, and institutions that embody the values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism to promote economic justice in our region. IEGO views the Inland Empire’s racial and immigrant diversity as one of its greatest strengths and believes that diverse decision-making processes and power-sharing are foundational for closing the equity gaps that exist in the IE.
Innovation: IEGO prioritizes creative social, technical, and economic solutions to our region’s most pressing challenges, ensuring a broad welcome to new ideas that touch the root causes of issues and solve long-term and systemic problems.
Local capacity building: IEGO’s efforts result in the networks, tools, and strategies that give our local institutions, businesses, and residents new abilities to advance economic development and justice.
Place-based investment: IEGO recognizes the investment and wealth disparities within different Inland Empire geographies, and we incorporate community development and the needs of specific communities into IEGO strategies.
Environmental sustainability: IEGO recognizes the fundamental role of natural resources and ecosystems in the long-term viability of the Inland Empire and we embed this understanding into IEGO’s adoption of economic and community development strategies.